Council Minutes - September 2010

 

HALFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes

Meeting held on 1st September 2010 at the Halford Bridge Inn at 7.30 p.m.
Meeting closed 8.30 p.m.
Present:
Cllrs Black (Chair), Gale, Liddell, Price and Rickards
Clerk: Karen Parnell
No members of the public

1. Apologies
None

2. Declaration of Interests Councillors are asked to declare personal interests in any items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded that the code of conduct that took effect from 5th June 2007 provides that should they have a prejudicial interest in any matter under discussion, they should withdraw from the room and not seek to influence a decision about the matter.
None

3. Approval of minutes of meeting held on the 7th of July 2010
Minutes having been circulated were confirmed as an accurate record of the meeting held in July 2010 and were duly signed by the Chairman.

4. Democratic 15 minutes
No public were present.

5. Matters arising
Cllr Gale produced the new feedback form for members of the public to use regarding parish council meetings.

A) Telephone Box works and progress regarding its gallery/photographic usage.
The box has been re-glazed and painted. Cllr Price will research ways to display photographs and liaise with schools with a view to displaying artwork prior to the October meeting. Cllr Black will research options regarding locking the box.

B) Possible replacement of flowers or turfing in the Millennium garden or other options
Garden Aide was unable to quote as requested and it was discussed whether turfing would be undemocratic. Cllr Liddell pointed out maintenance should now be minimal. He will obtain a planting schedule from Atlas Landscaping. Budgeting and alternative options are to be concluded by the November PC meeting.

C) Traffic calming issues
Sue Harrison Landscape Architect at WCC will be approached with regards to meeting to discuss options in Halford. Cllr Liddell will forward his previous work on this matter to Cllrs Black and Rickards. The need to highlight the entrance to the village by a 'gateway' and identify a community present was established. Possibilities include the coat of arms, walls or fencing.

D) WCC LTP3 consultation - to establish any representations from the PC
No representations from the PC.

E) Sewage drain in Idlicote Road emitting a pungent smell.
Cllr Rickards will liaise with Cllr Gale and WCC to remedy the matter.

6. Planning

Application(s) reference: 10/01404/FUL
Erection of replacement dwelling house, domestic garage, stable block and
agricultural building together with associated works and landscaping
Mr Peter Whale
Stepmoles Farm, Idlicote Road, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour Warwickshire
NO OBJECTION

Application(s) reference: 09/02485/LBC
Demolition and rebuilding of existing barn and conversion of pig sty to greenhouse.
Mr M Johnson
Halford Cottage, Queen Street, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour Warwickshire
NO OBJECTION

Application(s) reference: 10/01692/FUL
Provision of a neighbourhood centre, comprising retail and services within Class A1 and D1; community hall; together with provision for car parking, including park and ride; associated development including recycling facilities, refuse facilities and cycle shelters.
The Bird Group of Companies and Waitrose
Land Off, Shipston Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
NO OBJECTION

7. Finance

The External Audit has now been completed and an unqualified audit opinion given. The Closure Notice has been displayed.
It is unknown what impact the closure of the Audit Commission will have on future audits.


Payments
Cheque No 100711 Garden Aide 56.25 100712 Clement Keys
(External Audit) 334.88 100714 Karen Parnell 180.00 (Salary)
100715 Karen Parnell 11.70 (Expenses) 100716 Garden Aide 43.75

Receipts
VAT Reclaim 306.03
8. Correspondence: WCC Chairman invitation to drinks reception on 25/09/10
WCC Copy of Emergency Plan for each Councillor and the Clerk

A meeting has taken place with Carter Jonas representatives and councillors regarding empty land off Queen Street which was left to the League of Friends and Ellen Badger Hospital. Concerns about traffic, parking and conservation were expressed. No commitment was established from any party and no feedback has been received.

Meeting closed: 8.30pm

9. Date of next meeting: 11th October 2010 (Same venue)

Signed: Colin Black - Chairman on 11th October 2010