Council Minutes - February 2011



Meeting held on 2nd February 2011 at the Halford Bridge Inn at 7.30 p.m.
Meeting closed 8.45 p.m.
Cllrs Black (Chair), Liddell and Rickards
District and County Cllr Izzi Seccombe
Clerk: Karen Parnell

1. Apologies
Cllrs Nick Gale and Sue Price

2. Declaration of Interests Councillors are asked to declare personal interests in any items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded that the code of conduct that took effect from 5th June 2007 provides that should they have a prejudicial interest in any matter under discussion, they should withdraw from the room and not seek to influence a decision about the matter.

3. Approval of minutes of meeting held on the 5th January 2011
Minutes having been circulated were confirmed as an accurate record of the meeting held in January 2011 and were duly signed as such.

4. Democratic 15 minutes
Mr Long of Parkhill Farm, Idlicote Road, Halford outlined details of a plan to construct a new dairy unit at Parkhill farm, his family business. The farm currently has 180 cows and the intention is to expand to 400 cows by incorporating a rotary parlour and cubicle sheds on the Greenfield site. Mr Long explained animal welfare is of paramount importance regarding his pedigree Holsteins. Initial plans were outlined and it was noted the site is not overlooked, is 15 yards from the bridleway and traffic would be virtually unaffected.

* The Chairman read out a letter of resignation from Cllr Price. This creates a vacancy on the parish council for a councillor. The relevant notices regarding voters rights to call an election as per LGA 72 will be displayed and the Returning Officer at SDC has been notified.*

5. Matters arising

A) Telephone Box works and progress regarding its gallery/photographic usage. Confirmation on electricity supply/disconnection costs
This issue carried across to the March PC meeting as a new councillor will need to take up the project.

It was proposed by Cllr Rickards and seconded by Cllr Liddell to switch the phone box electricity supply from Scottish Power to Eon, which currently quote 25 per year instead of the 75 current charge.

B) Drainage, highways and maintenance issues within Halford
Idlicote Road now has a new manhole cover.
Severn Trent have finished the mains repair and will be planting Maple trees to landscape the area.
Bell Hill works have been completed.

C) Update on website usage and traffic
Figures have been obtained and were expounded upon. These form an appendix to these minutes.
Archive information searches were discussed and Cllr Liddell will research.

D) Replacement tiles for the bus shelter
Cllr Liddell has obtained a quote for 85.00 to complete these works.
It was proposed by Cllr Black and seconded by Cllr Rickards to go ahead.

E) Consideration for provision of grit/salt bins
It was proposed by Cllr Black and seconded by Cllr Rickards to purchase a Victorian style grit bin. Details will be forwarded to the Clerk to order.
Locations of bins will be considered at the March PC meeting.

F) Replanting of daffodils subsequent to Severn Trent works
Details of locations for replanting have been provided to Severn Trent who have agreed to replant the daffodils.

6. Finance
Cheque No 100732 Karen Parnell 180.00 (Salary) 733 11.70 (Expenses)
734 Granite Planet (Domain name) 30.00 735 SDC (Land lease) 175.00

7. Planning
Application(s) reference: 10/02797/AGNOT
Proposed : Creation of new farm track.
At : Stepmoles Farm, Idlicote Road, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 5BP

Application(s) reference: 11/00090/TREE
Proposed : T1 Sycamore. Fell
At : Lomas Barn, Queen Street, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 5BT
For : Mr N Gale

8. Correspondence:
Concerns have been voiced to the clerk about dog fouling in the village. The subject will raised within Village Voices in the hope of establishing a more responsible attitude to the issue.

WRCC have asked the PC for feedback regarding a possible site for affordable housing at The Leys. The PC deemed the location wholly unsuitable as it encroaches on the playground and will suggest WRCC consult with Orbit regarding adjacent land as a potential site.

9. Date of next meeting: 2nd March 2011 (Same venue)

Meeting closed: 8.45pm

Signed: Colin Black - Chairman on 2nd March 2011

The Clerk's end of the website does not list traffic using the site. It could be built in at a price but would have been easier to do when initially building the site.
However, Granite Planet our host can access this information but have to look at each day in isolation.
We know the website is used every day by persons as well as the Clerk as it would not create a back up log with no breaks between dates otherwise.
Having looked at the last three months;
Averages of 20 people are using the site per week.
Averages of 4 people are using the site per day.
In January 2011 there were two occasions when 6 accessed the site in a day and two more when 7 did.
These figures are exempting the Clerk.