Council Minutes - March 2011



Meeting held on 2nd March 2011 at the Halford Bridge Inn at 7.30 p.m.
Meeting closed 8.15p.m.
Cllrs Black (Chair) Gale, Liddell and Rickards
County Councillor Izzi Seccombe
Clerk: Karen Parnell

1. Apologies

2. Declaration of Interests Councillors are asked to declare personal interests in any items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded that the code of conduct that took effect from 5th June 2007 provides that should they have a prejudicial interest in any matter under discussion, they should withdraw from the room and not seek to influence a decision about the matter.

3. Approval of minutes of meeting held on the 2nd of February 2011
Minutes having been circulated were confirmed as an accurate record of the meeting in February 2011 and were duly signed by the Chairman.

4. Democratic 15 minutes
No public were present.

5. Matters arising
A) Telephone Box Discussion
Cllr Black will look into replacing the bulb.

B) Drainage, highways and maintenance issues within Halford
Road issue:
Outside the entrance to the Old Rectory down Queens Street there was a large pothole in the road. This has now been filled.
Drainage issue:
Just off the Fosse way at the bottom of the Village on the Armscote Road there is a seriously blocked drain which is causing the road to flood during wet weather. This needs clearing to avoid a potential accident with people trying to avoid the large puddle that occurs. Jeff Morris WCC has advised this will be jetted within the week.
Cllr Gale continues to liaise well with Jeff Morris at WCC regarding maintenance issues which are actioned quickly.

C) Archive information searches regarding the website
Cllr Liddell's initial enquiries infer we could use Google to find information. He will pursue how we approach this and report back to a future meeting.

D) Replacement tiles for the bus shelter
These will be replaced in the near future.

E) Consideration for provision and location of grit/salt bins
An order has been placed and the bin will be delivered to Cllr Black.

F) Progress regarding the vacancy for a parish councillor
SDC has received no requests for an election so councillors will actively seek candidates with a view to co-opting at the April meeting.

G) To confirm arrangements for the parish assembly
The Village Hall has been booked for the 6th of April. The Parish Assembly will take place at 7.00pm followed by the PC meeting at 8.00pm. A speaker will be sought for the Parish Assembly to talk about the Localism Bill.
Cllr Black requested councillors' feedback items for his Chairman's Report.

H) Village street party for Royal Wedding
A street party will take place in Queens Street where people will be invited to bring their own food and drink. This will be well publicised throughout the village.

6. Planning
Application(s) reference: 11/00240/TREE
Proposed : T1-T7 Limes. re-pollard
At : The Old Rectory, Queen Street, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 5BT
For : Mr Peter Richardson NO OBJECTION

It was noted the Waitrose planning application has been approved despite an appeal to the GOWM and being against the Local Plan.

7. Finance:

Cheque No 100736 Karen Parnell 180.00 (Salary) 100737 Karen Parnell
11.70 (Expenses) 100738/39 F Parr Limited (Grit bin) 157.44

8. Correspondence
Invite to WCC Chairman's 'At home' reception on 19/03/11 at Shire Hall

9. Date of next meeting: 6th April 2011 (At Halford Village Hall: To include the Parish Assembly)

Meeting closed 8.15pm

Signed: 6th April 2011 Colin Black - Chairman