Council Minutes - April 2012

 

HALFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes

Meeting held on 4th April 2012 at the Halford Bridge Inn at 7.30 p.m.
Meeting closed 8.25 p.m.
Present:
Cllrs Black (Chair), Gale, Machin, Redhead and Rickards
Clerk: Karen Parnell
Two members of the public

1. Apologies
County & District Cllr Izzi Seccombe

2. Declaration of Interests Councillors are asked to declare personal interests in any items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded that the code of conduct that took effect from 5th June 2007 provides that should they have a prejudicial interest in any matter under discussion, they should withdraw from the room and not seek to influence a decision about the matter.
None

3. Approval of minutes of meeting held on the 7th March 2012
Minutes having been circulated were confirmed as an accurate record of the meeting held in March 2012 and were duly signed as such.

4. Democratic 15 minutes
It was questioned whether the timetable for the 23 bus would be changing. The PC is unaware of changes but will seek clarification.

An area of hedgerow and trees adjacent to the bowls club caused concern to a resident. The situation regarding SDC and WCC was explained.
The area is in a conservation area and the resident would like to see removal or reduction of some shrubs and trees.

An article of thanks to a resident for tidying a footpath and pruning will be placed in Village Voices.

Cllr Gale will raise a number of village maintenance issues raised with WCC.

5. Matters arising

A) Drainage, highways and maintenance issues within Halford
The Chairman will liaise with a resident regarding levelling ruts and improving verges in Idlecote Road.

B) To consider arrangements regarding Annual Parish Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Council.
26th of April at 7.00 in the Village Hall - AGM to follow the Assembly where Cllr Seccombe will speak on Health and Wellbeing

C) SDC Draft Core Strategy response
As this is only likely to involve the creation of two or three dwellings over fifteen years in Halford, after debate the PC decided not to make a formal response.

D) Progress with Parish Council election
Five forms have now been submitted and accepted for the election on 3rd May.

6. Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
The Chairman continues to seek a Co-ordinator, but two volunteers have been found. Signage remains a consideration.

7. Planning
None

8. Finance
SDC Land lease
The Chairman and Clerk continue to seek a solution with SDC. A letter was sent earlier in the day and a meeting with Liam Nevin of SDC is a possibility with Cllr Seccombe and the Chairman attending.
A solution is sought as SDC currently want to increase the rental, provide a shorter term lease and charge the PC their legal fees.

Payments
Cheque No 100790 Karen Parnell 192.00 (Salary) 791 18.00 (Expenses) 792 Digley Associates 45.60 (Play area inspection) 793 Granite Planet (website hosting) 144.00

Cllr Machin will action points raised in the play area inspection.

9. Correspondence
None

10. Date of next meeting: 26th April 2012 7.00pm (At the Village Hall)
Parish Assembly and Annual Council Meeting

Meeting closed: 8.25pm

Signed: Colin Black - Chairman on 26th April 2012