Council Minutes - September 2014

 

HALFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes

Meeting held on 3rd September 2014 at the Halford Bridge Inn at 7.30 p.m.
Meeting closed 8.10 p.m.
Present:
Cllrs Gale (Chair), Bannister, Black and Lewis
Clerk: Karen Parnell
Five members of the public were present

Appointment of a co-opted parish councillor: Mike Lewis signed the acceptance of office and disclosure of financial interests and was unanimously co-opted as parish councillor on Halford Parish Council

1. Apologies
SDC/WCC Cllr Izzi Seccombe

2. Declaration of Interests Councillors are asked to declare personal interests in any items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded that the code of conduct that took effect from 5th September 2012 provides that should they have a prejudicial interest in any matter under discussion, they should withdraw from the room and not seek to influence a decision about the matter.
None

3. Approval of minutes of meeting held on the 2nd of July 2014
Minutes having been circulated were confirmed as an accurate record of the meeting held in July 2014 and were duly signed by the Chairman.

4. Democratic 15 minutes
Concern was expressed about a potentially large scale development; however no planning application has been received by the PC.
Ownership of land by The Close was questioned.

5. Matters arising and new matters
A) Traffic Issues
1) Vehicle Activated 30mph Flashing sign on the approach from A3400 not working -
WCC: G Stanley to talk to Wescotec to check sign - Passed to Wescotec to arrange to visit site and check out Vaz, awaiting confirmation of date.

2) Speed Camera sign- WCC apologise there isn't a sign on the approach from Ettington, it's the Fosse Safety Sign.
WCC: G Stanley to ask if a Speed CAMERA sign on each approach to Halford could be installed. The Speed Camera Enforcement Partnership no longer exists; this service was withdrawn as part of a cost cutting exercising to make a 93 Million saving across Warwickshire approved by Cabinet.

3) Hat Pin outside Old Post Office on refuge is not illuminated; the Hat Pin outside the Gulf Petrol Station has been removed.
WCC: G Stanley to speak to Street Lighting to get them to respond. The Hat Pin outside the Gulf Petrol Station has been removed on the grounds of safety for our maintenance crews. WCC have notified Street Lighting of the electrical problem with the Hat Pin outside the Old Post Office, they were not aware there was a problem.

4) Consideration of a Drop Crossing opposite Old Post Office to assist Disability Users, Parents with Pushchairs, and residents to cross safely.
WCC: G Stanley to prepare preliminary costing for improvements to central refuge, with drop crossing and to organise a Safety Assessment of the proposals. WCC have not programmed this element of the works yet, they should be able to complete this by the end of September 2014.

Bollards will be supplied and installed on the junction by the Idlecote Road.

Further clarification will be sought from WCC regarding the above matters as well as extending the range of the 30mph speed limit.
Councillors will endeavour to attend the Stour Community Forum to progress traffic issues.

B) Drainage, highway Issues and village maintenance - Progress Report
No outstanding issues

C) Bus shelter
Cllr Lewis will facilitate a wooden roof for the shelter at a cost of circa 300.

D) Village Archivist
The website now has tabs linking to census details. This has been promoted in Village Voices. Unused tabs will be updated.
Printed material will be put in a cabinet in the village hall.

6. Planning
Application(s) reference: 14/01886/FUL
Proposed: Single storey rear extension At: 3 Roman Way, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour, CV36 5BZ
For: Mr And Mrs S Hurst

7. Finance
The External Audit is now completed and an unqualified audit opinion given.

Payments
980 Karen Parnell 384.00 (Salary) 981 26.00 (Expenses) 982 SDC Land Lease 175.00 983 Japonica Pride Ltd (Garden Aide) 74.25 984 Japonica Pride Ltd 67.50

8. Correspondence
Cllr Rickards has tendered his resignation as a parish councillor. SDC will be notified of the vacancy.
Pen portraits and contact details of councillors will be advised to Village Voices.
Thanks were conveyed to Ray and the PC from the children of Halford for the baseball hoop.

Meeting closed: 8.10pm

9. Date of next meeting: 12th November 2014 (Same venue)


Signed: Colin Black Chairman on 12th November 2014