Council Minutes - Draft September 2016

 

HALFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes

Meeting held on 7th September 2016 at Lomas Barn, Queens Street, Halford at 7.30 p.m.
Meeting closed 9.00 p.m.

Present:
Cllrs Gale (Chair), Abernethy, Alexander and Bannister
WCC Cllr Izzi Seccombe SDC Cllr Philip Seccombe
Clerk: Karen Parnell

Four members of the public were present

1. Apologies
Cllr Byard- Jones

2. Declaration of Interests Councillors are asked to declare personal interests in any items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded that the code of conduct that took effect from 5th September 2012 provides that should they have a prejudicial interest in any matter under discussion, they should withdraw from the room and not seek to influence a decision about the matter.
None

3. Approval of minutes of meeting held on the 6th of July 2016
Minutes having been circulated were confirmed as an accurate record of the meeting held in July 2016 and were duly signed by the Chairman.

4. Democratic 15 minutes
Residents of 'The Close' highlighted a number of issues including:
Parked cars are causing a lack of visibility and overgrown plants having a similar result. Pavements are overhung with plants and the responsible owners of said plants will be requested to cut them back with the help of PC members if necessary.
A number of trees have already been trimmed back in the area. It was noted the matter could be legally enforced if necessary but a more neighbourly approach was deemed preferable.
Roots are protruding into pavements and causing damage which WCC will be made aware of.
Blocked drains in the area will also be reported to WCC.
A number of cars in the area caused concern from an Environmental Health perspective as stated by the public and they were advised to contact the relevant authority to address the matter.
Similarly with regard to unlawful car parking the residents were advised to report specific incidents to the Police on the non-emergency 101 number.
It was noted there is difficulty enforcing the law with regard to parking on pavements.

5. Matters arising and new matters

A) Traffic Issues
Cllr Bannister has looked into statistics regarding speeding on the Fosse Way. Traffic flow and the funnelling of traffic were expounded upon. It was again stressed that a suitable crossing is a necessary requirement.

B) Drainage, highway Issues and village maintenance - Progress Report
Cllrs Bannister and Alexander have cut back various overgrowths.
Cllr Gale has cleared culverts and Cllr Alexander will look into whether further action is necessary.
Blocked drains will be reported to WCC.

C) Preliminary Questionnaire results
A report has been produced based on a 50% return:
Parking and Lorries caused concern as did traffic in general.
A crossing place was deemed necessary.
Housing and planning are key issues.
The need for a Housing Needs Survey is a consideration.
A good sense of community was noted.
More play equipment was requested.
Noticeboards are in need of repair.
Broadband reception is an issue.
A meeting of the working group will be facilitated to establish priorities moving forwards.

D) Additional toddlers swing in playground
Results from the questionnaire were considered as were costings and potential location as siting in the play area would reduce room.
The matter will be considered at the meeting of the working group as no consensus was evident.

E) PC donation to Village Hall in respect of sound and projection system.
A built in sound system is the aspiration and it was suggested as qualified persons Cllrs Bannister and Abernethy could facilitate this.
Grants are also a possibility through the County Councillors Fund or other projects. This project could cost circa 3000.00.
The PC has budgeted 1500.00 towards the project.

F) Phone box Electricity
Cllr Bannister continues to liaise with Western Power. Although the
power source is unknown Western Power have agreed not to charge the PC a disconnection fee.

G) Bus Shelter, for Fosse Way
Cllr Abernethy said that although the bus service location has changed
in Halford no bus shelter or bus stop sign was present.
Cllr I Seccombe will progress chase a bus stop sign.
A bus shelter would cost circa 6000.00 and is a consideration.

H) Millennium Garden, renovation and maintenance
Cllr Abernethy has obtained costings for an initial 4 hours work plus
ongoing maintenance. This would cost around 50.00 per month.
Volunteers from the PC will establish what works they can conduct.

I) Community Speedwatch Programme
Health and safety checks have been undertaken by the police.
Equipment will be in Halford during October.
Training has taken place.


6. Planning
Application(s) reference: 16/02295/FUL
Proposed : Demolition of existing outbuildings and proposed construction of new single dwelling and outbuilding
At : Park Hill House , Idlicote Road, Halford, CV36 5DQ
For : Mr & Mrs Lawrence Adamson Object

7. Finance
The External Audit is now completed and an unqualified audit opinion given.

Payments
048 Karen Parnell 384.00 (Salary) 049 26.00 (Expenses) 050 Japonica Pride Ltd (Garden Aide) 70.00 051 Japonica Pride Ltd 49.00

Receipt
Nick Gale ? Benches 60.00

8. Correspondence
Cllr I Seccombe and Cllr Bannister will liaise with Philippa Young WCC to progress a potential crossing on the Fosse Way. The refuge not being big enough and a lack of monies are delaying this project.

Cllr P Seccombe was made aware of a project whereby ANPR (number recognition) speed cameras are being trialled. He will look into whether Halford could be included in the trial of a 5000.00 camera.

Meeting closed: 9.00pm

9. Date of next meeting: 2nd November 2016 (Same venue)


Signed: Chairman on 2nd November 2016