Council Minutes - November 2017



Meeting held on 8th November 2017 at the Halford Bridge Inn at 7.30 p.m.
Meeting closed 9.00 p.m.
Cllrs Gale (Chair) Abernethy, Byard - Jones, Lewis and Whalley
Clerk: Karen Parnell
District Cllr Penny O'Donnell
2 members of the public were present

It was noted Cllr John Alexander has resigned from the PC. SDC have been notified of the vacancy which has now been filled by co-opting Sarah Whalley.

Cllr Mike Lewis was co-opted to Halford Parish Council. SDC will be notified of the appointments.

1. Apologies ~ < > ... ...
County Cllr Izzi Seccombe

2. Declaration of Interests Councillors are asked to declare personal interests in any items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded that the code of conduct that took effect from 5th September 2012 provides that should they have a prejudicial interest in any matter under discussion, they should withdraw from the room and not seek to influence a decision about the matter.

3. Approval of minutes of meeting held on the 3rd July 2017
Minutes having been circulated were confirmed as an accurate record of the meeting held in July 2017 and were duly signed by the chairman.

4. Democratic 15 minutes
It was noted the January PC meeting is close to Christmas. The date needs to remain as the 3rd for attendance.
The PC will review the Development Planning for Health brochure, with particular attention to open spaces.

An ANPR camera meeting has taken place. It was noted traffic calming was wanted as part of the parish appraisal. Speeding and traffic are a constant cause for concern.
Speedwatch has confirmed vehicles are still exceeding the speed limit.
Evidence is needed for action to take place.
The MAV camera and signage would cost the PC Circa 11,000, but it was felt this would benefit Halford.

5. Matters arising and new matters
A) Traffic Issues
It was noted a serious collision recently took place in Armscote.

B) Drainage, highway Issues and village maintenance - Progress Report
The Seat at the corner of the Idlicote Road is broken and dangerous to health. Ray will be asked to disassemble and dispose of it. Consideration will be given to its replacement in due course.
The Notice Board at the Bus shelter on the Idlicote Road is starting to look shabby. Ray will be asked to renovate this.

The new Church Gate. Ray will be asked to fit a spring to this to try and ensure it closes automatically.

The last pin light opposite the Garage in Halford is still unlit and progress will be chased with WCC.

The area by the layby has been strimmed and the bin will be replaced.
SDC will be asked about their policy on charging PCs for emptying additional bins.

Drains by The Close have been jetted by Orbit.

A root removed from the bridge arch will be requested to be removed.

C) Bus Shelter
Photos were distributed of the proposed shelter which would cost around
2,000 to buy and an additional 2,000 to fit. There was much discussion as to the need. Cllr Abernethy is to research maintenance costs but the PC agreed to unanimously support the project in principal.

D) Speed Cameras
Installation of two cameras, signage and establishing an electricity supply would cost circa 11,000. It was noted police cannot monitor of fine using this and volunteers to gather data would be required.
The PC agreed unanimously to progress the project.

E) Footpath to Armscote crossroads
Some disquiet was expressed at the state of the footpath along the length of the Armscote Road between the Fosse and A3800 which is walked by a number of villagers quite regularly.

In the normal way Halford PC would write to WCC with a view to instigating a tidy up of what is an unsatisfactory walkway which needs significant attention. The chairman will raise this issue with Treddington PC initially.

F) Village Voices grant.
A grant of 100 was agreed.

G) Resolved: To adopt the Councillor Code of Conduct as adopted by SDC on 16th October 2017, so as to replace the councils existing Code of Conduct.
To adopt the Acceptance of Office and Disclosure of Financial Interest forms.
All Councillors to complete a new Declaration of Interests form before February 2018.
The replacement Code and relevant documents will come into effect on 1st May 2018.

6. Planning
A map of the area boundary has been obtained from SDC. It was noted the bowling green is outside of the boundary.
Consultation was deemed to have taken place with the PC by SDC but this was not evident and will be looked into.
Application(s) reference: 17/01486/FUL
Proposed : Full planning application for the erection of 4 no. detached two-storey dwellings, with new access off the A429 (Fosse Way) and all associated site works.
At : Halford Bowling Green, Fosse Way, Halford, For: Lioned Ltd

Application(s) reference: 17/01805/FUL
Proposed : Installation of air sourced heat pump.
At : Land At Queen Street, Queen Street, Halford,
For : E Coombs Lion Ed

Application(s) reference: 17/03069/TREE
Proposed : T1 - Mulberry - Crown thin by up to 20%
At : Wyse House, Queen Street, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 5BT
For : Prof Bryan Stoten

Application(s) reference: 17/03211/TREE
Proposed : T1 - Acer Pseudoplatanus - Crown reduce by 20%
T2 - Acer Pseudoplatanus - Crown reduce by 20%
At : Holego House , Fosse Way, Halford, CV36 5BW
For : Mrs J Redhead

7. Finance
Budget - Precept 2018/19
The budget was expounded upon by the Clerk and the precept for 2018 - 2019 was agreed unanimously by the Council to be set at 7,200 (No increase). Proposed: Cllr Gale - Seconded Cllr Abernethy and agreed.

Bank signatory forms will be completed due to new members.

8. Payments
Cheque No 087 Karen Parnell 384.00 (Salary) 088 Karen Parnell
26.00 (Expenses) 089 Japonica Pride Ltd 70.00 090 Japonica Pride Ltd
49.00 091 Royal British Legion 25.00 092 Japonica Pride Ltd 42.00
(September) 083 Karen Parnell 384.00 (Salary) 084 26.00 (Expenses)
085 Japonica Pride Ltd 71.00 086 Japonica Pride Limited 49.00

Precept 50% 3600.00

Meeting closed: 9.00pm

9. Date of next meeting: 3rd January 2018 (Bridge Inn)

Signed: Nick Gale Chairman on 3rd January 2018