Council Minutes - November 2018

 

HALFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes

Meeting held on 7th November 2018 at the Halford Bridge Inn at 7.30 p.m.
Meeting closed 8.30 p.m.
Present:
Cllrs Gale (Chair) Abernethy, Lewis, Sloan and Whalley
Clerk: Karen Parnell
County Cllr Izzi Seccombe
6 members of the public were present

1. Apologies
District Cllr Penny Anne O'Donnell

2. Declaration of Interests Councillors are asked to declare personal interests in any items on the agenda. Councillors are reminded that the code of conduct that took effect from May 2018 provides that should they have a prejudicial interest in any matter under discussion, they should withdraw from the room and not seek to influence a decision about the matter.
None

3. Approval of minutes of meeting held on the 5th September 2018
Minutes having been circulated were confirmed as an accurate record of the meeting held in September 2018 and were duly signed by the chairman.

4. Democratic 15 minutes
It was noted a fire at the bowls club and car parked nearby had been deliberately ignited. The car has now been removed.
That was much input regarding traffic calming and it will be further looked into by a resident why Wellesbourne can have a crossing when Halford cannot.

5. Matters arising and new matters

A) To get closure on the way forward regarding the issue of traffic speeds in Halford
Gateway signage can only be provided at one end of Halford costing circa 5000.00. This was thought untenable.
It was noted a police presence has been requested multiple times.
Cllr Whalley and a resident will look into involving local head teachers in a risk assessment concerning how children get to school.
Provision of Hi Viz vests was suggested as was signage incorporating images of children.
A pelican crossing is not likely to be an option.
The PC agreed to ask WCC to increase 30mph signage and improve the roundels painted on the Fosse Way.

B) Drainage, highway Issues and village maintenance - Progress Report
A number of matters have been reported to WCC which will be rectified in due course.

Village approaches are in need of maintenance to verges. WCC will be asked to undertake the works.

C) Mill Lane speed limit
It is not viable to adjust the speed limit.

D) Housing Needs Survey
Councillors discussed the matter and decided a survey is not required.

E) To consider a donation to Village Voices
The PC agreed to a 100.00 donation payable at the January meeting.

6. Planning
Application(s) reference: 18/02184/FUL
Proposed : Proposed part two storey and party single storey extensions and addition of balconies
At : The Bungalow, Idlicote Road, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 5DQ For : Mr & Mrs Emil Meyer

Application(s) reference: 18/02129/FUL
Proposed : Proposed new dwelling.
At : Land Adjacent To Park Hill House, Idlicote Road, Halford,
For : Mr & Mrs Court

Application(s) reference: 18/02700/FUL
Proposed : Change of use of land to domestic and erection of one dwelling At : Land Adjacent To Park Hill House, Idlicote Road, Halford, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 5DQ For : Mr Neil Garner Dengar Developments Ltd

7. Finance
Budget - Precept 2019/20
The budget was expounded upon by the Clerk and the precept for 2019 - 2020 was agreed unanimously by the Council to be set at 7,200 (No increase). Proposed: Cllr Lewis - Seconded Cllr Abernethy and agreed.

8. Payments
Karen Parnell (Salary/Expenses) 450.00 Japonica Pride Ltd 112.50
Royal British Legion 25.00

Receipts
Precept 50% 3600.00

Meeting closed: 8.30pm

9. Date of next meeting: 2nd January 2019 (Bridge Inn)


Signed: Chairman on 2nd January 2019