Council Minutes - Parish Assembly 2021

 

Minutes of the Annual Parish Assembly of Halford Parish Council
Held on the 5th of May 2021 at 6.00 pm by Zoom

Present:
Present: Cllr Nick Gale (in the Chair)
Councillors Paul Abernethy, Ruth Noon and Sarah Whalley
Clerk: Karen Parnell
In attendance:
One member of the public
Apologies: County Councillor Izzi Seccombe and
District Councillor Penny Anne O Donnell

1) Minutes of the Annual Parish Assembly in May 2019
Were agreed and duly signed off by the Chairman to be a true record.

2) Matters arising therefrom
None

3) Chairman's report on the work of the Parish Council during the last twelve months

HALFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Cllr Nick Gale:
THIS IS THE END OF MY SEVENTH YEAR AS CHAIRMAN OF THE PARISH COUNCIL AND AGAIN I MUST THANK NEW AND OLD MEMBERS OF THE TEAM FOR THEIR UNSTINTING EFFORTS IN SUPPORTING OUR ACTIVITIES IN ALL THE AREAS WHERE WE HAVE BEEN INVOLVED AS A COUNCIL DURING THE YEAR.

PRECEPT.
AGAIN WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO KEEP PRECEPT LEVELS AT THE SAME LEVEL FOR ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT CREATING ANY DILUTION IN SERVICES AVAILABLE.

QUALITY STATUS OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
WE HAVE RETAINED THIS STATUS FOR ANOTHER YEAR WHICH INDICATES THAT WE CONTINUE TO BE IN TOUCH WITH OUR COMMUNITY AND BY DOING SO WE CAN TAKE AN ADVANCED ROLE IN AREAS THAT INTEREST MANY OF OUR VILLAGERS. IT MEANS OUR VOICE CARRIES MORE WEIGHT WHEN DEALING WITH COUNTY AND DISTRICT OFFICIALS. I BELIEVE WE ARE A RESPECTED TEAM.

ROADS AND DRAINAGE
THE FOSSEWAY RUNNING THROUGH THE VILLAGE HAS BEEN RESURFACED WITH QUIETER TARMAC.
THIS IS A RESULT OF PARISH COUNCIL REPRESENTATIONS SOME TIME AGO. IT HAS TAKEN UNTIL NOW FOR IT TO FALL WITHIN WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL'S ROADS BUDGET.
WE CONTINUE TO HAVE GOOD RELATIONSHIPS WITH COUNTY AND DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVES.
WE TRY TO KEEP ON TOP OF DRAINAGE AND ROAD SURFACE ISSUES WHEN THESE ARE INDENTIFIED AND PASSED ON TO US BY OUR VIGILANT VILLAGERS.

PLANNING ISSUES
THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL NON CONTENTIOUS PLANNING APPLICATIONS DURING THE YEAR PASSED WITHOUT COMMENT.
SADLY DESPITE OUR CONSIDERABLE EFFORTS THE BOWLING GREEN APPLICATION HAS BEEN PASSED.
IT NOW REMAINS TO BE SEEN HOW IT WILL EFFECT TRAFFIC DURING THE BUILD, AND ONGOING WHEN THE DEVELOPMENT IS COMPLETE.

SPEED OF TRAFFIC ON THE FOSSE.
THIS HAS BEEN CONSIDERED IN SOME DEPTH OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS. IN THE END AFTER MUCH DELIBERATION IT WAS UNANIMOUSLY DECIDED TO SHELVE ANY IDEA OF HAVING "FAKE" GATES INSTALLED AT THE ENTRANCES TO THE VILLAGE, AND TO LEAVE THINGS AS THEY ARE.
ONE SMALL POTENTIAL BENEFIT OF THE PASSING OF PLANS FOR THE OLD BOWLING GREEN IS THAT ONE OF THE PLANNING STIPULATIONS WAS THAT THE DEVELOPERS SHOULD INSTALL A PEDESTRIAN CROSSING OVER THE FOSSE. REMAINS TO BE SEEN IF IT HAPPENS!!!!

DEFRIBULATOR
FOLLOWING JANE SLOAN'S HUGE EFFORTS AND GENEROSITY OF VILLAGE RESIDENTS, A DEFRIBULATOR IS NOW FULLY INSTALLED AND IS BEING MAINTAINED BY THE PARISH COUNCIL AT THE FRONT OF THE HALFORD BRIDGE GARAGE. FORTUNATELY IT HAS NOT HAD TO BE USED OVER THE PAST 12 MONTHS.

VILLAGE IMPROVEMENTS/MAINTENANCE
WE HAVE CONTINUED TO TRY AND KEEP THE VERGES AND SURROUNDING INFRASTRUCTURE ROUND THE VILLAGE IN GOOD STATE OF REPAIR. AS WITH EVERYTHING IN NATURE IT IS A MOVING FEAST AND WE HAVE TO RELY ON VILLAGERS TO KEEP US ADVISED OF ANY PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR

VILLAGE HALL
YOUR COUNCILLORS SUPPORT THE VILLAGE HALL COMMITEE BY TRYING TO ATTEND AND ASSIST IN THE MANY ACTIVITIES PUT ON AS POSSIBLE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO DO THIS ONCE THE PROGRAMME OF ACTIVITIES IS FULLY UP AND RUNNING AFTER "COVID"
DURING THE PAST YEAR THE PARISH COUNCIL DONATED THE SUM OF 400 TO ENABLE HI-SPEED
WI-FI INTERNET TO BE INSTALLED IN THE VILLAGE HALL. THE OBJECTIVE WAS TO ENABLE THE HALL TO BECOME A CENTRE FOR VACCINATIONS IF REQUIRED. IN THE EVENT THIS DID NOT OCCUR BUT THE WI-FI IS A LONG TERM ASSET TO THE HALL AND APPRECIATED BY THE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE.

VILLAGE VOICES
THE PARISH COUNCIL MAKES A REGULAR DONATION TOWARDS PRINTING AND DISTRIBUTION OF THE MAGAZINE WHICH WAS MOST APPRECIATED BY THE PRODUCTION TEAM.

ST MARY'S CHURCH HALFORD
IT HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED THAT WALLS SURROUNDING THE CHURCHYARD AT ST MARY'S ARE SUFFERING DECAY AND DETERIORATION. AT THE LAST PARISH COUNCIL MEETING CHURCHWARDEN, MARK ARTHUR DREW THIS TO OUR ATTENTION. IT WAS AGREED UNANIMOUSLY THAT THE PARISH COUNCIL WILL PROVIDE THE SUM OF CIRCA 10,000 FROM OUR RESOURCES TO ASSIST THE P.C.C FINANCIALLY IN HAVING THE WORK UNDERTAKEN OVER THE SUMMER. THE EXPECTED TOTAL COST IS CIRCA 30,000+

THE PUB.
SADLY THE PUB HAS BEEN LOST TO US SINCE THE BEGINNING OF LOCKDOWN. IT REMAINS TO BE SEEN IF A BUYER CAN BE FOUND ONCE THE ECONOMIC CLIMATE IMPROVES.
IN THE MEANTIME THE VILLAGE HALL WILL BE HAVING POP-UP PUBS AGAIN ONCE "COVID" RULES ALLOW.

PARISH COUNCIL WEB SITE
THIS IS FULLY ACTIVE AND UPDATED REGULARLY WITH VILLAGE INFORMATION. THERE ARE LINKS TO FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THEY ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND ANY OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS AND THAT THEY CAN USE THE 15 MINUTE SLOT SET ASIDE FOR RESIDENTS TO RAISE ANY ISSUES WITH THE COUNCIL WHICH ARE CONCERNING THEM.

COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLOR.S
MANY THANKS ARE DUE TO COUNCILLORS IZZIE SECCOMBE AND PENNY-ODONNELL FOR THEIR CONTINUING HELP AND SUPPORT.

PARISH CLERK
THANKS ALSO DUE TO OUR CLERK KAREN FOR HER WORK AND SUPPORT OVER THE PAST YEAR. ONCE AGAIN IT IS MOST APPRECIATED.

WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY.
THE PARISH COUNCIL TAKES A GREAT DEAL OF PLEASURE IN WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY AND WELCOMES THE REGULAR PASSING OF INFORMATION BETWEEN ALL PARTIES. LONG MAY THIS CONTINUE. DONT BE SHY IN COMING FORWARD

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.
NICHOLAS GALE
CHAIRMAN

4) Statement of Accounts of the Parish Council
Karen had produced the end of year accounts for 2020/21, which she summarised; a copy was sent to all Councillors and was available to any public present. Income was 7773 and Expenditure 6624 - The year-end balance is 24522 representing a surplus of 1149.

5) District Councillor's Report
Councillor Penny Anne O Donnell was not present - But monthly updates to the PC have been issued.

6) County Councillor's Report
Councillor Izzi Seccombe, Warwickshire County Councillor 2020/2021

The year has been completely overtaken by COVID19. In response to that WCC has delivered:

Set up shielding hubs to ensure those most vulnerable had access to the support they needed; this gained national recognition
10,800 contacts with vulnerable people
Received over 12,200 calls to the COVID hotline
Delivered 3,464 prescription to vulnerable residents
Established a robust and reliable route for supply and distribution of 10.7 million pieces of PPE to key workers
Worked across the Coventry and Solihull subregion to provide critical capacity
Recruited 800 volunteers
Provided an exemplar of testing, with static and mobile sites and testing in the workplace
Supported the Care Home sector aiding visitors and worker safety
Identified of 3 m support funding for Care Homes
Expanded the Warwickshire Welfare Scheme to provide Free School Meals throughout the holidays: almost 60,000 food and fuel vouchers issues, nearly 22,000 calls to the welfare scheme; issues nearly 4,500 laptops and dongles
Provided information and communication to support the surges and outbreaks and advise residents of the local status
Provided a remote library support with 233,434 e/audio/ebook service
Supported small businesses with webinar to help navigate their way through the pandemic.
Warwickshire has provided grants to support businesses.
We are creating a Warwickshire Recover Grant for Businesses to help them as they come out of COVID and help new businesses start up and grow on.
Climate Change is part of the recovery programme - we are investing in new cycle ways.
1m grant for Community Groups and Parish Councils for climate change schemes.

I have helped to arrange several traffic calming schemes, pavement improvements, bus shelters, pavements widening for wheelchair users. I've support communities on flood schemes and drainage improvements as well as tree planting and rights of way issues. I have supported through grants community groups, providing water for allotments, replacement VAS signs, children's groups and foodbanks.


7) Any other business
None

Meeting closed: 6.10pm



Signed Chairman